12 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT MEXICAN BEEF
- Thanks to the international recognition of the quality of Mexican beef, we hold the sixth place in production worldwide.
- Our country implements certification measures to guarantee the safety of our products with seals such as Organic Secretariat of Agriculture, Livestock and Rural Development, Fisheries and Food of Mexico (SAGARPA) Mexico and Sanitary Inspection Type Certification (TIF).
- Mexico Works with about thirty bovine breeds, among the most important are: Angus, Hereford, Charolais, Nelore, Brown Swiss.
- The annual production of Mexican beef, in cattle carcass is more than one million 845 thousand tons.
- The leading states in beef production are: Veracruz, Jalisco and Chiapas, together they contribute a third of the value and volume of meat at a national level.
- The United States is the main export market for beef: nine out of every ten tons we export go to that country.
- In Mexico, beef is the second most consumed cattle product.
- Beef is among the 20 most important agrofood products that Mexico exports to the world
- It is estimated that in our country, the consumption of beef per person per year is 15 kg, while in countries like Argentina, USA, Canada and Australia consumption varies between 34 and 63 kg per person per year.
- Meat is the main product that is extracted from cattle and Mexico produces almost 2 million tons per year.
- Mexican beef market at a national level is positioned within the fourth place under avocado, tomato and beer. It is hoped to reach third place later this year.
- This year, beef exports are expected to grow at an annual rate of 2.7% to 9.7 million tons.